AffiliationScientist at Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Division, Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBGRI) which comes under Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, (KSCSTE) in Thiruvananthapuram, India.
Research interestsForest biodiversity is critical not only for the maintenance of the forest ecosystems and also for enhancing the genetic make up of several crop species whose wild relatives are still exist in those pristine habitats. Addressing the threats to forest biodiversity, estimate the genetic diversity it harbors, and sustainable utilization of the genetic diversity for crop improvement requires a more profound scientific understanding of the factors affecting forest biodiversity and forest health, the impacts of biodiversity on forest ecosystems and estimation of genetic variability of the wild species utilizing both field observations and laboratory studies. Specific topics of my research programme include:
- Bioprospecting of wild genotypes of cardamom
- Analysis of genetic diversity and phylogeny of rattan palms
- Application of bioinformatics tools for microRNA and transcriptome NGS data analysis
- Identification of elite genotypes of medicinal plants for sustainable utilization
- Editor in Chief, Plant Science Today (ISSN: 2348-1900)
- Associate Editor, Malaysian Applied Biology Journal (ISSN: 0126-8643)
- IT System Administration in JNTBGRI
ContactDr. K. K. Sabu
Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Division
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBGRI)
Palode, Karimancode P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram 695562, Kerala, India
Ph. +91472 2869626 (Off)
Mob. +91 9895211299