Main areas of research
- Genetic diversity and phylogeny in forestry species through development of molecular markers (eg. SSRs), analysis of genetic diversity and estimation of phylogenetic relationships using markers from nrDNA or cpDNA regions
- Genetic analysis of adaptation ability and growth patterns of cardamom genotypes using miRNA, transcriptome and gene expression analysis
Research projectsOngoing Research Projects
As Principal Investigator
- 2021-2022: Establishment of a biorepository of the plants in the Southern Western Ghats of India with particular emphasis on endemics. BGCI/GGI.
- 2018-2021: Analysis of genetic diversity, development of sex linked SCAR markers and marker-assisted selection of Asian Palmyra palm (Borassus flabellifer L., Arecaceae). Dept of Biotechnology, Govt of India.
- 2018-2021: Population structure and genetic variability analysis of Cullenia exarillata populations in Western Ghats. SERB, Dept of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
- 2018-2021: Exploration of Banana Biodiversity and its Biotechnological Research in Nagaland. Principal Investigator.Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt of India.
Completed Research Projects
- 2015-2020: Comparative biogeography and phylogeographic of selected plants of India. Co-Investigator. Date of sanction: 14.05.2015 (INR 52,95,000). Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- 2015-2020: Identification of elite lines of Centella asiatica and Bacopa monnieri for commercially significant constituents for standardization of their extracts. Co-Investigator. Date of sanction: 14.05.2015 (INR 59,23,000). Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- 2015-2018: Plant-Animal Interactions/Plant-Animal Ecology: Community plant-pollinator interactions at the landscape level. Co-Investigator. Date of sanction: 14.05.2015 (INR 36,31,000). Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- 2012-2017: Project on ‘Analysis of genetic variability and bioprospecting of wild cardamom populations, funded through in-house Plan programme. (INR 33,41,000)
- 2011-2014: Project on ‘Analysis of genetic diversity in selected rattan palms (Calamus sp.) using microsatellite markers’ funded by Kerala Biotechnology Commission/KSCSTE. Principal Investigator. Date of sanction: 23.02.2011 (INR 10,34,000).
- 2011-2013: Project on ‘Assessment of Genetic Diversity and Identification of Gender Specific Markers of Important North-East and South Indian Rattan palms using SSR Analysis’, funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. Principal Investigator. Date of sanction: 17.11.2011 (INR 16,35,000).